Friday, June 6, 2014

Brunching in Hickory, North Carolina: Josh's On Union Square

When I was single, brunch was one of my favorite events of the week. I lived in Columbia, South Carolina and there were endless places to eat and sip on a mimosa or two with friends. When I moved up to Hickory, North Carolina after getting married I was sad to see that most brunch places were closed on Sundays. I love that places close for church for their employees but man oh man did I miss a good omelet and community after service.

We celebrated our anniversary June 1st (our first one!) and I was going to find a brunch place for Josh and I to eat. This was going to happen. And Josh’s turned out to be our brunch hero, not my husband (though he did pay for the meal, so in that aspect he was) but Josh’s On Union Square, had a delicious 3 course brunch for a great deal (13 dollars!!!). We called ahead for seating, because we were meeting friends but we didn’t really need to. The place was busy but not slammed.

photo(510).JPG


joshsmenu.PNG

I got Caesar salad, an omelet full of bacon, spinach and cheddar cheese (these daily omelets change weekly) and blueberry cheese cake (and of course a mimosa to wash it down). Everything was excellent. The portions were perfect, my husband initially thought he would be hungry, but when he finished all three servings of his banana foster pancakes, shrimp and grits and banana pudding he was rubbing his stomach in agreement.

photo(2).jpg

Price-$ (for brunch and lunch) $$ (for dinner)
Kid friendly- Yep! They have high chairs, and wait staff is very accommodating to small children. They don’t have a kid’s menu online but it doesn’t hurt to ask.
Parking- Union Square has plenty of free parking available.
Outdoor Seating- Yes
Location: 206 Union Square NW, Hickory, NC 28601

What are your favorite places to brunch in the South?

You can read more restaurant reviews by Lauren on her personal blog here .

No comments:

Post a Comment