Monday, May 19, 2014

Carolinas wedding attire: keeping it classy in our signature summer heat!

Hey Y’all!
I’m sure everyone has at least two or three wedding invitations lying around your house. If you’ve already sent your RSVP, you’re now worried about what to wear. I thought I would share a couple of my favorite wedding looks.

Let’s start off with the formal summer wedding. In the southern summer heat, I’d suggest a cocktail dress with heels. Instead of going with dark colors which tend to be more formal go with a bright stand out shift!

Ditch the typical clutch! If you can get away with tucking your necessities in your date's jacket pockets, go for it! You’ll be much happier not having to worry about where to place your bag when you hit the dance floor.






Living in the south, we love to have outdoor weddings in the afternoon. Pick a cute summer shift that isn’t too heavy. I’d recommend wearing flats or Jack Rogers ; if you’re the kind of gal who loves heels, make sure to wear wedges.  I’ve seen a precious wedding invitation that politely suggested guests not wear heels by saying, “Unless you want to aerate the grass please wear comfortable flat shoes.”




Pink Cocktail Dress: Lily Pulitzer Nude Heels: Target
Shift Dress: Vinyard Vines Shoes: Jack Rogers Wedges: Lily Pulitzer

Head on over to Little Lady in the South for your daily dose of southern charm!
Enjoy wedding season!


-Waverly

We are linking up today at Style Elixer , What We Wore , What I Wore Wednesday .

3 comments:

  1. Both these outfits are so cute, I definitely agree with wearing flats, it is so much easy to get around during an outdoor wedding! Lauren @ cornwellfam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you agree! I know heels are dressier but after I took a tumble at a wedding flats are my go-to. Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. It's a fantastic place! I attended an amazing event here, loved the ambience and the staff was super friendly. We faced absolutely NO problems with anything.
    Wedding venues in Kansas City

    ReplyDelete