Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Meet our Contributors: Allison of Sincerely Alli




How long have you lived in the Carolinas and where are you from originally?

I have never lived anywhere other than the Carolinas.  I grew up in Aiken, South Carolina.  I'm a 5th generation Aikenite, and my two baby girls are 6th generation South Carolinians.  Other cities I've lived in are Columbia, Greenwood (SC), Charlotte, Greensboro, and currently Charleston.  

What is your favorite thing about the Carolinas?

I love the history within these two states; I didn't realize how unique this region is in terms of preserved history until a friend from Oregon pointed out that the historical architecture and landmarks don't date back a far in the northwest as they do on the east coast; history is rich here and I love how preserving it is treasured here.  
I love that you can visit the mountains and the ocean all in half a day's drive at most!

How long have you been blogging?

I've been blogging for a little over 2 years now.

What is your favorite thing about blogging?

I love that blogging brings people together all over the world and creates a common thread among us: to inspire, be inspired, and to document this one life we've been given to share with the world and our families.  Writing is accessible to everyone; it's one of the rare things in this world that creates a level playing field for everyone regardless of things like career, income, and social status.   I have made some dear friends through the blogging community and I love that my little girls will have pieces of my thoughts from this season of our lives to reflect back on when they grow up.

Give a brief description of your blog.

Over at Sincerely Alli , you'll find alot of stories about motherhood and how it's changed my life in both big and small ways.  You'll also find my thoughts on my faith, marriage, friendship, fashion and things that inspire me.  I have fallen in love with the South Carolina coast and photography so you'll see pieces of my journey with these two interests as well.




1 comment:

  1. Allison, I love love love your hike shirt! Lauren @ Cornwellfam

    ReplyDelete