Monday, April 28, 2014

Meet our Contributors: Lauren of The Cornwell Fam




How long have you lived in the Carolinas and where are you from originally from?

I have lived in the Carolinas for about 7 years. I originally moved to South Carolina to be closer to my parents and finish school at the University of South Carolina. I most recently moved to North Carolina after getting married. My dad was in the Navy so as a child I moved around a lot but the majority of my life we lived in Coronado, California, a small beach town in San Diego.

What is your favorite thing about the Carolinas?

I love everything about the Carolinas.  I love that you can spend one day hiking a waterfall and the next meandering down a cobblestone street rich with history. I love that everyone dresses up for football games. I love the food, especially oyster roasts and barbeque. I love that you can dip your toes in the Atlantic and it’s warm (something California beaches are missing).

How long have you been blogging?

I have been blogging for about a year and a half now, I can’t believe how time flies.

What is your favorite thing about blogging?

As sappy as it sounds, the community. I love meeting people with similar and not so similar lives. I am constantly finding inspiration from other bloggers about faith, marriage, teaching and fashion. I love that I have found such an uplifting little pocket of the internet and am always so excited to read, laugh and learn from others on this blogging adventure.

Tell us a little about your blog.
 My blog originally started as a way to share information with our (my husband was actually the one who started it, being the computer savvy man he is) wedding. It has since morphed into a place that is reflective of who I am. A place where I talk about date nights with the hubster, Art Education, Jesus, clothes I wear (mostly thrifted), and projects I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment